Wholesale LED PCB Board China 2021: Led PCB Manufacturing Process
What is a LED PCB?
The acronym LED stands for light-emitting diode, which is a type of semiconductor diode. The LED is soldered to the printed circuit board and contains a chip that generates light when it is linked electrically. The chip is bonded using a thermal heat sink and a ceramic foundation.
What is the value of the raw material in LED PCB?
PCBs are using in a variety of places, including computers, medical equipment, and automobiles. However, not all PCBs have equal specifications; several of them employ diverse designs or materials to meet specific requirements. The circuit board’s base material is extremely essential since it determines how well the circuit board transmits heat.
What is the construction of the LED PCB?
LED PCB manufacture uses a variety of materials, designs, and configurations depending on the board’s application. The material that makes up the circuit board’s core is one of the most important considerations. The following are some common PCB core materials.
- FR-4: One of the most prevalent core materials, FR-4 consists of glass and epoxy. It’s fire-resistant, but it’s not very good at transferring heat.
- Epoxies: Another popular option is epoxying. They are less durable than other core materials, but they are less expensive to produce.
- Metal-core PCBs are made up of aluminum alloyed with various metals and copper laminated together.
- Metals, particularly aluminum, are the most frequent LED PCB materials due to the critical function of heat transport in LED PCB applications.
Aluminum LED Circuit Boards
The most prevalent type of LED PCB is aluminium. These circuit boards are mounted on an aluminium alloy foundation, which is typically made up of aluminium, magnesium, and silicon. These PCB materials change the material’s qualities to suit the needs of each application.
Aluminum PCBs consist of many layers. The number of these layers on a PCB varies depending on the board’s architecture. Aluminium LED PCBs come in a variety of shapes and sizes, each with unique properties that make them suitable for a variety of applications.
Flexible LED PCB consists of aluminium, polyimide resin, and ceramic fillers, which provide flexibility and insulation while maintaining the heat conductivity of aluminium. You can join these PCBs by bending them together instead of using connectors, wires, or other fittings.
These boards produce by fusing an aluminium base metal with a non-thermal substance, like a standard FR-4 board. This sort of board saves money and improves rigidity while also allowing for good heat dissipation.
PCBs with more than two layers of thermally conductive dielectrics are multilayer aluminium. Although they are less effective at transporting heat than other types of boards, these boards offer high performance while still providing good heat dissipation.
Industrial applications of LED PCB
LED PCB is used in a wide range of applications across many industries, and their popularity is growing. The following are some examples of industries that use LED circuit boards.
- Consumer lighting is one of the first LED circuit board sectors that comes to mind for many individuals. These PCBs are present in flashlights, lanterns, lamps, spotlights, and solar-powered lighting.
- LED PCBs are becoming more common in consumer electronics manufacturing.
- Telecommunications because much of the equipment used in telecommunications create substantial amounts of heat, the telecommunications industry frequently uses LED indicators.
- PCBs LEDs offer a wide range of applications in traffic and transportation, from automobiles to stoplights.
- PCB LEDs are there in headlights, brake lights, indicators, and other parts of cars and trucks.
- Due to its longevity and heat transmission characteristics, PCB LEDs are commonly there in hospital lighting, as well as in lighting instruments for operations and medical examinations.
The Benefits of LED PCB
LED PCB provides a variety of advantages that make them suitable in a variety of applications. The following are a few of these advantages.
Reduced energy consumption:
According to the US Department of Electricity, LEDs use at least 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs. By 2027, widespread adoption of LEDs could save 348 terawatt-hours of electricity or almost $30 billion in electricity expenditures.
LED PCB lights have a 25,000-hour lifespan, which is 25 times that of incandescent bulbs. You can save considerable amounts of time and money by replacing bulbs less frequently.
More Energy Efficient:
Incandescent light bulbs waste over 90% of their energy as heat. LEDs, on the other hand, emit extremely little heat. Reflectors must direct light in the desired direction with non-LED lighting, and some of the light never makes it out of the fixture.
Unlike other types of lighting, LED PCB does not contain harmful mercury. They are safer, more environmentally friendly, and easier to dispose of as a result of this property. LED lights do not produce a radiofrequency when they are turned on, thus they will not create interference with other electronic components or equipment.
LEDs consume far less energy than traditional types of bulbs, resulting in lower emissions from electricity generation. They produce less trash since they last longer.
Led PCB has better efficiency and longer life mean lower costs because you’ll use less energy and replace bulbs less frequently.
Where to buy quality led PCBs?
The next benefit of manufacturing led printed circuit boards with us is that the quality of the final product is far superior to the quality that can be achieved by manufacturing with homemade methods.
For more information about PCB, you can refer to Victory PCB. It is a China PCB manufacturer which specializes in production of printed circuit boards. With advanced PCB production and testing equipment, and well-found quality system to monitor throughout the whole manufacturing to assembly, we can ensure the stable and excellent quality of the production process to meet customers’ requirements.