We have an update about LoRa-E5. If you are thinking of working on a project with a Lora-E5, then this is your good news! LoRa-E5 has received much welcome fanfare from the IoT community. So long-awaited Lora-E5 is back on Seeed with a sponsorship program. So let us tell you about the Lora-E5 and Seeed’s sponsorship program. According to sponsorship, get sponsored $250 off when you have your LoRa-E5 design manufactured with Seeed Fusion PCB assembly service! Most of the designs are able to get the LoRa-E5 custom boards totally for FREE!
What is LoRa-E5?
stm32wl module LoRa-E5 is a low-cost, ultra-low power, extremely compact, and high-performance LoRaWAN module designed by Seeed Technology Co., Ltd. LoRa-E5 is the perfect candidate for new smart IoT projects. By enhancing the capabilities of LoRa technology, LoRa-E5 is suitable for LoRaWAN sensor nodes and other wireless communication applications, particularly long-distance, ultra-low-power applications. It can play an important role in providing smart and efficient networks in the future. For example, in smart cities, industrial applications, smart home applications, healthcare, agriculture, etc.
LoRa-E5 contains ST system-level package chip STM32WLE5JC, which is the world’s first SoC integrated with the combo of LoRa RF and MCU chip. This module is also embedded with ARM Cortex M4 ultra-low-power MCU and LoRa SX126X and therefore supports (G)FSK mode and LoRa. 62.5kHz, 125kHz, 250kHz, and 500kHz bandwidth can be used in LoRa® mode, making it suitable for the design of various IoT nodes, supporting EU868 and US915 with CE and FCC. The module has the LoRaWAN protocol embedded which can be controlled by AT commands. Or you can develop software with STM32Cube for the MCU of the module which allows you to also use the I/Os.
This LoRa E5 module is designed with industrial standards by Seeed, hence it’s highly suitable to be used in designing industrial IoT product, with a wide working temperature at -40℃ ~ 85℃
Features of LoRa-E5:
- SoC: STMicro STM32WLE5JC Arm Cortex-M4 MCU @ 48 MHz with 256 KB flash memory, 64 KB SRAM, SX126x LoRa radio
- Ultra-low Power Consumption: as low as 2.1uA sleep current (WOR mode)
- Extremely Compacted Size: 12mm * 12mm * 2.5mm 28 pins SMT
- High Performance: TXOP=22dBm@868/915MHz; -136.5dBm sensitivity for SF12 with 125KHz BW
- Long Distance Use: 158dB link budget
- Wireless Connectivity: Embedded LoRaWAN® protocol, AT command, support global LoRaWAN® frequency plan
- Worldwide Compatibility: wide frequency range; EU868/US915/AU915/AS923/KR920/IN865
- Great Flexibility: For users who want to develop software on the MCU of the module, other GPIOs of the MCU can be easily manipulated, including UART, I2C, ADC, SPIO etc. These rich GPIO interfaces are useful for users who need to expand peripherals.
- Certifications: FCC and CE
- Temperature Range: -40°C ~ 85°C
For more details about LoRa-E5, please click and learn more.
Meanwhile, if you have mass production requirements, we highly recommend taking advantage of the Seeed Fusion PCB Assembly service and get the LoRa-E5 modules for only US$5.90 (40% discount, original price US$9.90).
LoRa-E5 Project Sponsorship
To accelerate the development of IoT industry to the next level, Seeed is 100% sponsoring Lora-E5 projects with the Seeed Fusion PCB Assembly Service for all hardware enthusiasts, designers, makers, and engineers around the world! Good ideas need to be discovered, and good projects deserve to be recognized, realized and widely disseminated! Each person is limited to two PCBA boards 100% completely FREE for one design, including PCB fabrication, the cost of parts, assembly and shipping. The design must include LoRa-E5. To find out more about this events: https://www.seeedstudio.com/blog/2021/10/21/invigorate-your-inspiration-for-iot-with-lora-e5-and-free-seeed-fusion-pcba-prototypes/
How to apply:
Each person is limited to two PCBA boards 100% completely FREE for one design, including PCB fabrication, the cost of parts, assembly and shipping. The design must include LoRa-E5.
When preparing the BOM file, just add the Seeed SKU 317990687 or the part number LoRa-E5 to your BOM file. Add the order to the cart then contact seeed customer support ([email protected]) to obtain the corresponding cash coupon for settlement.
By participating in this event, you agree to review your experience with us and allow us to share it and the design with the community on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.). The design does not need to be open-sourced and production files will not be shared with the public (unless you want to). We hope your experience will go onto inspire more users to embrace IoT, LoRaWAN® and its capabilities.
Further Cooperation With Seeed
Seeed can assist designers with an established project plan with product development and mass production. Furthermore, we can assist with sales and distribution using our global sales network, and designers can obtain the licensing fees through sales by becoming a senior partner.
Seeed hope to see more Lora-E5 application cases involving smart agriculture, smart logistics management, smart water meter, smart home and smart parking system, etc. Furthermore, if you are very interested in our product, but do not want to draw schematic and lay out by yourself for some reason, you are welcome to experience seeed ODM service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact seeed customer support at [email protected] for further consultation.
Since 2008, Seeed Studio® has always been committed to providing developers around the world with faster and higher-quality manufacturing services. Seeed’s mission is to make hardware more accessible and lower the boundaries of hardware innovation. From free Design for Assembly service, to free functional testing for one piece, Seeed Fusion focuses on providing customers with fast and high-quality one-stop prototyping and batch manufacturing services.
Explore & Learn
Would you like to learn more about the application scenarios of LoRa technologies? I found some really amazing projects on Seeed’s website. Please check out the following real-world use cases of Seeed Industrial-grade LoRa devices – the SenseCAP LoRaWAN series.
- Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge at Wageningen University in the Netherlands
- Smart Poultry Farming in Beijing, China
- Smart Musang King Durian Farming in Pahang, Malaysia
- Sustainable Agriculture | Global IoT Education Initiative in the US, Australia, & Congo, etc.
- Smart High-Mountain Tea Plantation in Sichuan, China
- Smart Sweet Melon Greenhouse and Weather Station in Guangxi, China
- Environmental Monitoring in Stockholm, Sweden
- Data-driven Tourism in Guangdong, China
- Smart Greenhouse Growing Tropical Fruits in the North, in Shandong, China
- Smart Outdoor Triticale Farm in Hebei, China
I hope, it will be helpful for your knowledge. If you are engaged in wireless applications, or other smart IoT projects that utilize the LoRa-E5, then don’t miss this opportunity! Apply for sponsorship for your LoRa-E5 project today with Seeed Fusion PCB fabrication and assembly service.