The Piksey Atto from BitsNBlobs Electronics is a particularly compact developer board, which according to the manufacturer is compatible with the extremely popular Arduino system. Piksey Atto is cost-effective. Specially, This tiny USB dev. board is designed for makers. It can be soldered onto PCBs, used with a breadboard or by itself.
Atto is a unit prefix in the metric system denoting a factor of 10−18, so it’s unsurprising that at least one company, namely Nionics, made a small Arduino compatible board called Atto. But somebody must have forgotten to do a web search, as BitsNBlobs Electronics created their own tiny Arduino compatible board, also named “(Piksey) Atto“, and based on the same Microchip ATmega32U4 8-bit AVR MCU. But there are some important differences as we’ll see in this article.
Piksey Atto is about twice the size and weight of Nionics Atto, lacks LEDs, and a reset button, but offers breadboard compatibility and castellated holes that make it easier to solder to your own baseboard or a protoboard.
Piksey Atto specifications:
- Core: ATmega32U4 microcontroller running at 16MHz
- Memory: 32KB Flash, 2.5KB SRAM, 1KB EEPROM
- Digital I/O: 11
- Analog Input: 4
- PWM Channels: 4 (+ more with software)
- Communication: USART/SPI/I2C (TWI)
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Dimensions: 0.5″x0.8″ (12.70mmx20.32mm)
- Weight: 1.3g (0.04oz)
- Software: Works out of the box with the Arduino IDE 1.0+ (Win/OSX/Linux)
The company also provides demo projects for the board. According to the manufacturer, the Atto is compatible with Arduino IDE 1.0+ upon delivery, which means that the tried and tested tools can be used. The lean board is currently being financed as part of a crowdfunding campaign, and delivery is scheduled for May.
I hope you like this post. Do you have any questions? Leave a comment down below!
Thanks for reading. If you like this post probably you might like my next ones, so please support me by subscribing my blog.
You may like also:
- Best Internet of things Platforms for building IoT projects
- Internet of things Protocols and Communication APIs
- Industrial IoT | Industry 4.0 | IIoT | Industrial Internet of Things
- Home automation | Internet of things Products for Home Automation
- Industry 4.0 — the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)?
- Internet of things Enabling Technologies
- Government Applications in Internet of things
- Internet of things Operating Systems
- Role of Internet of things in Smart City