What is Portable OS ?
A portable OS is an operating system that can be installed on any USB drive or CD/DVD, and fully functions from there. We also known as USB operating system. Portable OS very helpful during on travel a lot, you do not want to carry your laptop. You can use portable operating system, just plug in your USB drive, and boot system, now your operating system is ready for use. You can use any computer.
Portable operating system is very useful for some places like schools, and Internet café etc.
Here is a list of best portable operating system that you can download for free and use it.
Slax – Portable OS
Slax is very user friendly portable OS with a modular approach and outstanding design. Slax is available in very small size. Slax provides a wide collection of pre-installed software for daily use, including a well organized graphical user interface and useful recovery tools for system administrators. Slax provide lot of modules for all type works such as office tools, network tools, multimedia tools etc. You can easily add these modules. Slax is best choice of Linux portable operating system.
Find more information about Slax and download by official site https://www.slax.org/
Visit this : Slax OS – Your pocket operating system
Puppy Linux is a special build of Linux meant to make computing easy and fast. Puppy Linux is available in Small size, ~100MB!. Boot time is well under a minute, 30-40 seconds in most systems.The user interface is user friendly even for a non-Linux user, and the basic tools you need for popular portable operations like partitioning and file recovery are readily available—although it’s just as great for web browsing and basic computing.
Find more information about Puppy Linux and download by official site http://puppylinux.org
Ubuntu is one of the most popular Linux-based operating systems. Ubuntu is a popular as a desktop operating system and live CD bring it a lot of popularity as a portable operating system. Ubuntu is also available to install into on a USB drive. Installation comes with all the default Ubuntu apps, which includes Open Office, image editor, instant messaging client, web browser, and much more.
Find more information about Ubuntu and download by official site http://www.ubuntu.com/
Damn Small Linux
Damn Small Linux is an another portable OS. It includes Firefox, a VNC viewer, file managers, instant messaging clients, and even a web server. Damn Small Linux is a very versatile 50MB mini desktop oriented Linux distribution.
Find more information about damn small linux and download by official site
I hope you like this post. Do you have any questions? Leave a comment down below!
Thanks for reading. If you like this post probably you might like my next ones, so please support me by subscribing my blog.
We have other tutorials with ESP32 that you may find useful:
- Dynamic WLAN configuration for ESP32 Board | AutoConnect
- ArduinoOTA ESP32: Wi-Fi (OTA) Wireless Update from the Arduino IDE
- ESP32 with LoRa using Arduino IDE
- How To Use Grove-LCD RGB Backlight with NodeMCU
- NodeMcu to DHT Interface in Blynk app
- How To ON/OFF a bulb by Google voice assistant
- Arduino IDE | Arduino | Open Source Hardware/Softawre | Arduino Vs RPi
- WiFi LoRA 32 (V2) ESP32 | Overview | Introduction
- DHT11 sensor with ESP8266/NodeMCU using Arduino IDE
- Arduino Support for ESP8266 with simple test code
You may like also:
- Raspberry Pi – Introduction | Overview | Setup and Management | Tutorials
- MQTT | What is MQTT | MQTT in Depth | QoS | FAQs | MQTT Introduction
- How to set up Windows 10 IoT Core on the Raspberry Pi
- Best IoT Visual Programming Tools