Sming is an open Source framework for high efficiency WiFi SoC ESP8266 native development with C++ language. Visit Sming on GitHub.
Features of Sming
- Highly effective in performance and memory usage (this is native firmware!)
- Simple and powerful hardware API wrappers
- Fast & user friendly development
- Work with GPIO in Arduino style
- Compatible with standard Arduino libraries – use any popular hardware in few lines of code
- Integrated boot loader rBoot with support for 1MB ROMs, OTA firmware updating and ROM switching
- Built-in file system: spiffs
- Built-in powerful wireless modules
- Powerful asynchronous (async) network stack
- Crash handlers for analyzing/handling system restarts due to fatal errors or WDT resets.
- PWM support based on Stefan Bruens PWM
- Optional custom heap allocation based on Umm Malloc
- Based on Espressif NONOS SDK. Tested with versions 1.5 and 2.0. Experimental support for SDK version >= 3.0.0.
|OS/SDK||Linux||Mac OS X||Windows||FreeBSD-current|
|esp-open-sdk (v1.5, v2.0, v3.0 **)||☀️||☀️||n/a||☀️|
- OS = Operating System.
- SDK = Software Development Kit.
- n/a = The selected SDK is not available on that OS.
- ** = experimental support
Latest Stable Release
How To Use
Choose your Platform and follow instructions.