You have been working as a porter at the local hospital for a few months and have fitted in well. As a caring person, you are well suited to helping others, and you appreciate the work of the expert surgeons, nurses and doctors who have become your colleagues.
Indeed, you have become friends with one of the surgeons, meeting totally by chance at lunch in the canteen, when your mutual interest of cricket got you chatting. You have learned so much about the work that goes on behind the scenes, and one piece of equipment that you hadn’t even heard of before. You now appreciate the value of an uninterruptible power supply after your most recent chat.
- You knew something wasn’t quite right the other afternoon, as you saw senior management doing something slightly different, but you got on with your tasks. You are told that there had been a local power outage, but it was down to the uninterruptible power supply or UPS, that lives were saved as it provided a critical backup.
- The UPS provided vital power for a few minutes until the generator kicked into life which offered full power until the problem was resolved. The realization that people were in the middle of vital operations only dawned on you when your new friend explained that it literally averted some disasters. Perhaps those involved with the development of UPS had to start with a programming language tutorial.
- And it isn’t just the healthcare sector that relies on a UPS to get itself out of such situations, with those in the military needing such assurance so that they are never vulnerable, as well as transportation services as nobody wants to be stuck in a tunnel on a train. And without one, financial institutions can be prone to attacks and lose billions of dollars within minutes.
- The UPS cannot provide the same power as the normal system, or that of a generator, but it provides enough for the most vital functions to continue. It allows for decisions to be made in order of importance whereas it would otherwise lose all power and data.
- When purchasing a UPS, it is vital to speak to an expert company who will ensure that it is compatible with the generator which will otherwise lead to major breakdowns and huge complications. Perhaps you and the surgeon can relax out of work and find a nearby cricket club to join.
- By choosing the right company to make their purchase, the hospital knows that they are dealing with experts who’ve been on the go for a couple of decades who continue to look to design and improve the Australian economy with a more efficient power quality. They are government accredited and have extensive partnerships all the way through from multinational companies to small businesses.
An uninterruptible power supply can save lives, prevent accidents and illness, and immeasurable money. Choosing the right company to purchase the UPS is the wisest investment a business or sector can make.