Arduino MKR IoT Carrier: Control what you want, how you want to!
Arduino announced Arduino MKR IoT Carrier, actually this is a key part of the Arduino Oplá IoT Kit, This device has bunch of sensors, actuators, and a display all featured on the one board — making it quicker and easier to take your IoT projects to the next level. This is really awesome! The carrier can become a WiFi, LoRa, NB-IoT or GSM-compatible device by seamlessly connecting to any MKR family board. Building a user interface for these boards is easy with the embedded color OLED screen, five capacitive touch buttons, and the five RGB LEDs. The integrated sensors (temperature, humidity, pressure, RGBC light, gesture and proximity) allow you to map the environment around the carrier, and should you need to capture any other data there are over 100 additional Grove sensors that can easily be connected directly to the carrier.
You can collect and store all the data locally on an SD card, or connect your MKR family board to the IoT Cloud for real-time data captured, storage, and visualization.
The MKR IoT Carrier features:
- Round OLED display
- Five RGB LEDs
- Five capacitive touch buttons
- On-board sensors (temperature, humidity, pressure, RGBC light, gesture and proximity)
- IMU (Three-axis accelerometer sensor and three-axis gyroscope sensor)
- Two 24V relays
- MicroSD card holder (SD card not included)
- Plug-and-play Grove connectors for external sensors — two analog and one digital (I2C)
- 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery holder (battery not included)
The MKR IoT Carrier is now available to purchase from the Arduino online store for €48 / $57.60 — find infinite possibilities for all your IoT projects.
Source – https://blog.arduino.cc