Data storage has changed over the last few decades. With storage media devices becoming smaller and more portable in nature, it is no longer difficult to carry your data with you wherever you go. SD cards are the perfect example of small memory storage units with large data capacities. However, this large level of dependency poses a common question. What are you supposed to do if you lose data that is stored in the Micro SD card?
If this is something that has happened to you or you are worried about, then read on to understand how you can recover data from dead micro SD card.
How to Know If Your Micro SD Card Is Dead?
There are some common signs that you need to look for to know that your SD card is dead. These are:
- The device does not recognized the micro SD card.
- The micro SD card shows as empty though you saved data to it.
- You are constantly asked to format your micro SD card.
- Your micro SD card is cracked or broken.
- Despite clicking on the micro SD card option on your phone / PC / laptop, there is no response.
Precautionary Measures for Your Dead Micro SD Card
There are a few points you should pay attention to in order to ensure that you don’t suffer from permanent data loss. These are:
- The moment you realize that your SD card is dead, stop performing operations on it. At this point, it is best to set the SD card aside.
- Store the SD card in a safe place to avoid physical damage such as chipping, cracking, and breaking.
- Do not take your micro SD card to unauthorized data recovery specialists or use unlicensed software as this could lead to permanent data loss.
- Once you complete data recovery, save your recovered data to a new SD card or to a different source such as a PC or a hard drive.
Using Professional Assistance to Fix Your Dead Micro SD Card
It is recommended that you use professional assistance to fix your dead micro SD card. If the SD card is cracked or chipped, the recovery process becomes complex and should be handled by an expert. Hence, the best solution is to approach a data recovery expert like Stellar Data Recovery for your dead SD card.
You can submit your SD Card to one of your nearest branch of Stellar. The data recovery expert will begin by analyzing the extent of damage and the condition of your SD card. At Stellar, your data safety and security are 100% guaranteed.
Losing data is quite troublesome to deal with. One effective preventative measure that you can take is to consistently take backups of your data regularly. Doing this will ensure that your data is safe even if your micro SD card is damaged.
However, for all your data recovery needs you can approach Stellar data recovery. Stellar, the global leader in providing data recovery services, has over 25 years of experience. They offer ‘no recovery, no charge’ policy and free doorstep pick-up facility make Stellar the one-stop destination for all your recovery needs! So, you can be rest assured that regardless of the type and extent of damage you are facing, Stellar will be able to fix it for you.
Stellar is no. 1 data recovery Company worldwide, and have been recovering data since 1993. They have expert engineers who can recover data from almost all kind of data loss situations. Here are some of the advantages of using Stellar’s data recovery service.
- ISO 9001:2015 & 27001:2013 certified data recovery company
- Recovering data since 1993
- 15 Branches across India
- Safe, secure & Risk-Free data recovery
- No Recovery – No Charge policy
- CLASS 100 clean room lab
- 100% data privacy is ensured during data recovery
- Served more than 3 Million customers worldwide
For more details visit their official website or dial their toll-free number 1800-102-3232