Raspberry Pi Pico
This is new flexible $4 microcontroller board from Raspberry Pi. Raspberry Pi Pico is a tiny, fast, and versatile board built using RP2040, a brand new microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi in the UK.
RP2040 – RP2040 is manufactured on a modern 40nm process node, delivering high performance, low dynamic power consumption, and low leakage, with a variety of low-power modes to support extended-duration operation on battery power. It is Designed by Raspberry Pi, RP2040 features a dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ processor with 264KB internal RAM and support for up to 16MB of off-chip Flash. A wide range of flexible I/O options includes I2C, SPI, and — uniquely — Programmable I/O (PIO). These support endless possible applications for this small and affordable package.
Raspberry Pi is useful for beginners and experts both. This is very beneficial in IoT (Internet of things) applications. So you can control appliances to operating a light display, Raspberry Pi Pico puts the technology that underpins countless everyday operations into your hands.
Pico supports C and MicroPython. It is adaptable to a vast range of applications and skill levels, and getting started is as easy as dragging and dropping a file.
More experienced users can take advantage of Raspberry Pi Pico’s rich peripheral set, including SPI, I2C, and eight Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support.
According Raspberry Pi official website, Raspberry Pi Pico will remain in production until at least January, 2028.
- 21 mm × 51 mm form factor
- RP2040 microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi in the UK
- Dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- 264KB on-chip SRAM
- 2MB on-board QSPI Flash
- 26 multifunction GPIO pins, including 3 analogue inputs
- 2 × UART, 2 × SPI controllers, 2 × I2C controllers, 16 × PWM channels
- 1 × USB 1.1 controller and PHY, with host and device support
- 8 × Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support
- Supported input power 1.8–5.5V DC
- Operating temperature -20°C to +85°C
- Castellated module allows soldering direct to carrier boards
- Drag-and-drop programming using mass storage over USB
- Low-power sleep and dormant modes
- Accurate on-chip clock
- Temperature sensor
- Accelerated integer and floating-point libraries on-chip
Raspberry Pi PICO Pinout
- Raspberry Pi Pico product brief
- Raspberry Pi Pico datasheet
- Getting started with Raspberry Pi Pico: C/C++ development
- Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ SDK
- API-level Doxygen documentation for the Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ SDK
- Raspberry Pi Pico Python SDK
- Raspberry Pi RP2040 datasheet
- Hardware design with RP2040
- Raspberry Pi Pico design files
- Raspberry Pi Pico STEP file
For more information, visit – https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-pico/