Rock Pi 4 GPIO Description
ROCK Pi 4 is a Rockchip RK3399 based SBC(Single Board Computer) by Radxa. It can run android or some Linux distributions. ROCK Pi 4 features a six core ARM processor, 64bit dual channel 3200Mb/s LPDDR4, up to [email protected] HDMI, MIPI DSI, MIPI CSI, 3.5mm jack with mic, 802.11 ac WIFI, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Port, GbE LAN, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK Pi 4 supports USB PD and QC powering.
ROCK Pi 4 comes in two models, Model A and Model B, each model has 1GB, 2GB or 4GB ram options. for detailed difference of Model A and Model B. This is best alternative of Raspberry Pi.
If you Dont know about ROCK Pi 4, Visit this : ROCK Pi 4 : Overview | Installation
General purpose input-output (GPIO) connector
ROCK Pi 4 has a 40-pin expansion header. Each pin is distinguished by color.
RK3399 have three IO voltages, 1.8V/3.0V/3.3V. For ROCK Pi 4, below is the default voltage:
| GPIO | Voltage Level | Tolerance | | ---------- | ------------- | --------- | | GPIO3_C0 | 3.3V | 3.465V | | ADC_IN0 | 1.8V | 1.98V | | Other GPIO | 3.0V | 3.14V |
Rockchip RK3399 GPIO has 5 banks, GPIO0 to GPIO4, each bank has 32pins, naming as below:
GPIO0_A0 ~ A7 GPIO0_B0 ~ B7 GPIO0_C0 ~ C7 GPIO0_D0 ~ D7 GPIO1_A0 ~ A7 .... GPIO1_D0 ~ D7
For Rockchip 4.4 kernel, the GPIO number can be calculated as below, take GPIO4_D5(PIN22 on 40PIN GPIO) as an example:
GPIO4_D5 = 32*4 + 8*3 + 5 = 157
To set GPIO4_D5 output
cd /sys/class/gpio echo 157 > export cd gpio157 echo out > direction echo 1 > value # output high echo 0 > value # output low
Recommended: Setup Docker on Rock Pi 4
I hope you like this post. Do you have any questions? Leave a comment down below! Thanks for reading. If you like this post probably you might like my next ones, so please support me by subscribing my blog.
Explore Some more Raspberry Pi Tutorials :
- Raspberry Pi – Introduction | Overview | Setup and Management | Tutorials
- piCore (Tiny Core) Linux on Raspberry Pi
- Setup Docker on Raspberry Pi
- Create a Docker Container for Raspberry Pi to Blink an LED
- Raspberry Pi Alternatives in 2019
- How to Install Mosquitto Broker on Raspberry Pi
- Setting up SPI on Raspberry Pi
- Getting Started with The Sense HAT – Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Basics
- Controlling LED with Raspberry Pi PART-2
- How To Setup Static IP Address on Raspberry Pi
- Controlling LED with Raspberry Pi
- Interfacing a light Sensor (LDR) with Raspberry Pi
- Remote control your Raspberry Pi from your PC with VNC!
- How To Use Raspberry pi in a truely headless mode
- ROCK Pi 4 : Overview | Installation
- Best OS for Raspberry Pi
- How to setup Bluetooth on a Raspberry Pi 3
- Simple Raspberry Pi Home Security System
- Raspbian – OS For Raspberry Pi
- Setting up a Raspberry Pi headless
One thought on “Rock Pi 4 GPIO Description”
Pingback: RockPi 4 - Write image to SPI flash from USB OTG port