The iArduino is an interpreter which runs on Arduino board. Interpreted language is a programming language in which programs are ‘indirectly’ executed (“interpreted”) by an interpreter program.
The iArduino interprets a language which resembles to the Arduino language. It can
- evaluate an expression refelctively,
- do stepwise executtion of a program,
- run a program slowly,
- stop and resume a program.
N. Mitsunaga posts about iArduino: a C Interpreter for Arduino. Rather than using compiled C/C++ as in the official Arduino IDE, iArduino is interpreted at runtime like Python/CircuitPython but in C.
Summary of the iArduino language and the interpreter
Name of variables: a to z (16bits int aka. short) Control statements: if, else, for, while, break, continue Constans: LOW, HIGH, INPUT, OUTPUT, true, false Operators: +, -, *, /, %, &, |, ^, &&, ||, <, <=, >, >=, ==, !=, >>, << Literals: decimal, hexadecimal, binary digit (16bits int only) Functions: abs, analogRead, analogWrite, delay, digitalRead, digitalWrite, max, millis, min, noTone, rand, pinMode, servo?.attach, servo?.write, tone, print Commands: animate, autorun, debug, edit, list, noauto, prog, run, save, step
iArduino with iAduinoTerminal
There is also a Terminal mode which provides a rich data environment, great for learning.
iArduinoTerminal for Android
This iArduinoTerminal is an apprication for Android. Recommended minimum display resolution is 1280×800. It is tested on Acer ICONIA TAB A200 (Andriod 4.0.3) and Nexus 7 (2013, Android 4.4.2). It should run under Android 3.1 or later. The app uses Physicaloid library by ksksue.
Thanks for reading. If you like this post probably you might like my next ones, so please support me by subscribing my blog.
You may like also:
- ATOMIC Pi – A high power alternative to Raspberry Pi
- TinyPICO Development Board (Mini ESP32)
- Espressif Announces the Release of ESP32-S2 Secure Wi-Fi MCU
- ATTO Board – The World’s Smallest Arduino Compatible Board
Explore Some more Raspberry Pi Tutorials :
- Raspberry Pi – Introduction | Overview | Setup and Management | Tutorials
- How to Install Mosquitto Broker on Raspberry Pi
- Setting up SPI on Raspberry Pi
- Getting Started with The Sense HAT – Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Basics
- Controlling LED with Raspberry Pi PART-2
- How To Setup Static IP Address on Raspberry Pi
- Controlling LED with Raspberry Pi
- Interfacing a light Sensor (LDR) with Raspberry Pi
- Remote control your Raspberry Pi from your PC with VNC!
- ROCK Pi 4 : Overview | Installation
- Best OS for Raspberry Pi
- How to setup Bluetooth on a Raspberry Pi 3
- Simple Raspberry Pi Home Security System
- Raspbian – OS For Raspberry Pi
- Setting up a Raspberry Pi headless