Program Your Arduino With an Android Device
In this Tutorial I want to show you, how you can program your Arduino with an Android device. It is very simple and cheap.
- A USB-A to USB-B cable
- A USB-Host cable (OTG cable)
- An Arduino
- 1 LED (for testing)
- A Android device with Android 4.0.0+ (or with host aviability)
- Software: ArduinoDroid from the Google Play store
Just plug the USB-A to USB-B cable into the female USB of the Host cable. Then plug the USB-B plug into the Arduino and the Micro USB into the Android device.
ArduinoDroid – Arduino IDE
The app takes about 210Mb as it contains IDE, compiler and uploader. Make sure you have enough free space in internal storage and it can’t be installed on sd card because of Android security policy.
* open/edit Arduino sketches
* example sketches and libraries included
* code syntax highlighting with themes support *
* code complete *
* real-time diagnostics (errors and warnings) and fixes *
* sketch navigator *
* tiny built-in software keyboard *
* compile sketches (no root required)
* upload sketches (Arduino Uno/Uno_r3, Duemilanove, Nano, Mega 2560, Leonardo, Micro/Pro Micro, Pro, Pro Mini, Yun, Esplora, Robot Control, Robot Motor boards are supported, android devices with USB-host support required)
* serial monitor
* works offline (no internet connection required)
* Dropbox support
* Google Drive support
* material design
Advanced paid features (marked with *) review:
Test Arduino Board
Arduinodroid is an IDE, a compiler and an uploader for Arduino, it also uses the host mode to upload sketches, which you can write directly in the app.
After you wrote a code, you can compile it with the “Lightning-Button”, that needs some time, but works good.
when its compiled you can press the upload button (the to the right).
The upload should take only seconds.
After that my Arduino started the new code –> It worked very good!
For testing I used the “Blink” sketch.
Here Special THANK YOU to Anton Smirnov who created the apps for Android!
I hope you like this post. Do you have any questions? Leave a comment down below!
Thanks for reading. If you like this post probably you might like my next ones, so please support me by subscribing my blog.
Explore some ESP32 Tutorials:
- Dynamic WLAN configuration for ESP32 Board | AutoConnect
- ArduinoOTA ESP32: Wi-Fi (OTA) Wireless Update from the Arduino IDE
- ESP32 with LoRa using Arduino IDE
- How To Use Grove-LCD RGB Backlight with NodeMCU
- How To ON/OFF a bulb by Google voice assistant
- Arduino IDE | Arduino | Open Source Hardware/Softawre | Arduino Vs RPi
- WiFi LoRA 32 (V2) ESP32 | Overview | Introduction
- DHT11 sensor with ESP8266/NodeMCU using Arduino IDE
- Arduino Support for ESP8266 with simple test code
You may like also:
- Raspberry Pi – Introduction | Overview | Setup and Management | Tutorials
- MQTT | What is MQTT | MQTT in Depth | QoS | FAQs | MQTT Introduction
- How to set up Windows 10 IoT Core on the Raspberry Pi
- Best IoT Visual Programming Tools
One thought on “Program Your Arduino With an Android Device”
Pingback: Program Your Arduino With an Android Device — IoTbyHVM – Bits & Bytes of IoT – hashstacks