The Raspberry Pi 4 comes with up to 4GB of RAM, dual-band WiFi and dual micro-HDMI ports. It is available at a starting price of $35.
After three years of launching the Raspberry Pi 3, the Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched the next single board computer Raspberry Pi 4, which comes with the same form-factor and starting price of $35 just like its predecessor. The Raspberry Pi 4 comes with up to 4GB RAM, which is four times than that of its predecessors. The RAM now comes in LPDDR4, unlike LPDDR2 used in the previous version. Apart from this, the device comes with Broadcom BCM2711, Quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit processor at 1.5GHz.
The Raspberry Pi 4 comes with dual-band WiFi comprising of 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac. It also has Bluetooth 5.0 and Gigabit Ethernet. Apart from this, there is also a couple of USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports. There are two micro-HDMI ports, which can plug two 4K display screens at 60 frames per second.
Raspberry Pi 4 Specifications
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM (depending on model)
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient
* A good quality 2.5A power supply can be used if downstream USB peripherals consume less than 500mA in total.
Watch this video
Visit official website https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/
Thanks for reading. So please support me by subscribing my blog.
You may like also:
- ATOMIC Pi – A high power alternative to Raspberry Pi
- TinyPICO Development Board (Mini ESP32)
- Espressif Announces the Release of ESP32-S2 Secure Wi-Fi MCU
- ATTO Board – The World’s Smallest Arduino Compatible Board
Explore Some more Raspberry Pi Tutorials :
- Raspberry Pi – Introduction | Overview | Setup and Management | Tutorials
- How to Install Mosquitto Broker on Raspberry Pi
- Setting up SPI on Raspberry Pi
- Getting Started with The Sense HAT – Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Basics
- Controlling LED with Raspberry Pi PART-2
- How To Setup Static IP Address on Raspberry Pi
- Controlling LED with Raspberry Pi
- Interfacing a light Sensor (LDR) with Raspberry Pi
- Remote control your Raspberry Pi from your PC with VNC!
- ROCK Pi 4 : Overview | Installation
- Best OS for Raspberry Pi
- How to setup Bluetooth on a Raspberry Pi 3
- Simple Raspberry Pi Home Security System
- Raspbian – OS For Raspberry Pi
- Setting up a Raspberry Pi headless