In this post you can find Top 10 IoT Cloud Platforms. These are most popular Top 10 IoT Cloud Platforms. Now a Days IoT market is growing rapidly despite having security risks and implementation issues. Gartner predicts that by 2019, the number of Internet Connected Devices will reach 14.2 billion and the highest will reach 25 billion. IoT Cloud platforms are basic need for IoT Developments.
What is IoT Platforms?
The IoT cloud is a platform for storing, analyze and processing data from the “Things” on the internet and designed to capture and process the massive amounts of data generated by internet-connected devices, sensors, web sites, customers and other connected applications. Basically a IoT cloud platform includes features like connectivity, network management, device management, data acquisition, processing analysis and visualization, application enablement, integration, and storage.
Currently we used three types of cloud. These are infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) or software as a service (SaaS). We can choose type of cloud according to need.
Here we provide a list of Top 10 IoT cloud Platforms used in IoT based applications.
Top 10 IoT Cloud Platforms
Amazon Web Services IoT Platform
AWS IoT Core is the IoT product suite from Amazon. AWS IoT Core is a managed cloud service that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices. AWS IoT Core can support billions of devices and trillions of messages, and can process and route those messages to AWS endpoints and to other devices reliably and securely. With AWS IoT Core, your applications can keep track of and communicate with all your devices, all the time, even when they aren’t connected.
AWS IoT Core also makes it easy to use AWS and Amazon services like AWS Lambda, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon S3, Amazon SageMaker, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Amazon QuickSight, and Alexa Voice Service to build IoT applications that gather, process, analyze and act on data generated by connected devices, without having to manage any infrastructure.
AWS main advantage is its Edge software that is FreeRTOS and Greengrass. FreeRTOS is an open-source microcontroller operating system that makes it easy to program, deploy, back up, connect, and manage small, low power edge devices. FreeRTOS is compatible with all major microcintrollers and many IoT devices.
With Greengrass, connected devices can perform AWS lambda functions, make predictions based on machine learning models, keep device data in sync, and communicate securely with other devices even when disconnected from the Internet.
- AWS IoT Device SDK – quickly and easily connect your hardware device or mobile application to the AWS IoT Core.
- Device Gateway – manages all active device connections and applies semantics to multiple protocols to ensure devices can communicate securely and efficiently with the AWS IoT core.
- Message Broker is a high-throughput pub/sub message broker that securely transmits low-latency messages from all your IoT devices and applications.
- Authentication and Authorization so there will be no exchange of data between the data and AWS IoT Core without a proven identity.
- Rule Engine can be used to create IoT applications that can collect, process, analyze, and process data from globally connected devices without having to manage infrastructure.
Google Cloud IoT Platform
The Google Cloud IoT platform is a complete set of tools to connect, process, store, and analyze data both at the edge and in the cloud. The platform consists of scalable, fully-managed cloud services; an integrated software stack for edge/on-premises computing with machine learning capabilities for all your IoT needs.
This platform supports various of RTOS/IoT OS that work with Debian Linux OS, providing immediate turnkey support for leading device manufacturers such as Intel and Microchip. Cloud features also trigger automated changes based on real-time events through workflows.
- Predictive maintenance – make the prediction automatically when the equipment needs servicing.
- Real-time tracking – assets tracks valuable assets in real-time and performs complex analysis and machine learning of captured data.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management Fleet management, inventory tracking, cargo integrity monitoring.
- Provides integration with other Google services.
IBM Watson IoT Platform
IBM Watson IoT Platform (Connection Service and Analytics Service) is a ready-to-run, pre-integrated SaaS managed service IoT platform with capabilities in connectivity, data management and advanced analytics.
- Device management: Using this service, it is possible to act remotely on the device such as rebooting or firmware update
- Responsive, scalability, connectivity: The platform uses industry standard protocol MQTT to exchange data
- Secure communication: Secure data exchange using MQQT and TLS
- Data lifecycle management
Microsoft Azure IoT Cloud Platform
The Azure Internet of Things (IoT) is a collection of Microsoft-managed cloud services that connect, monitor, and control billions of IoT assets. In simpler terms, an IoT solution is made up of one or more IoT devices and one or more back-end services running in the cloud that communicate with each other. Whatever your industry or the size of your business or whether you’re working with a partner or alone, Azure IoT has all the tools, devices, data analytics, and security you need to meet your IoT goals.
- Extensive integration with SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, WebSphere, etc.
- Condition Monitoring – Monitor key device parameters to detect anomalies.
- Facility Management – Optimizes energy use, space utilization and employee productivity in your factory.
- Asset Tracking identifies your assets, tools, and devices used in multiple locations with the Azure IoT Remote Monitoring Solution Accelerator.
- Optimize device performance for your Azure IoT Solution Accelerator operation to increase the efficiency of factory-connected devices.
Salesforce IoT Cloud
Salesforce IoT Cloud is a SaaS product provided by Salesforce, a leading CRM vendor. A Salesforce CRM cloud can communicate directly with the Salesforce CRM system and trigger context-based alerts and actions. Salesforce IoT is a non-linear workflow engine that uses events, rules, actions, conditions, and orchestrations. User can configure with tools based on visual logic, so users without programming skills can create orchestration rules and conditions and trigger events by simply clicking on the items. Platform uses the RESTful API, data can be collected from any connected source system, including complex networks managed by Amazon Web Services or simpler wearable. The features of the tool support complete data processing, including filtering, merging and exporting to JSON, CSV, or TSV file formats.
- Traffic View: Visualize all your IoT devices in one place easily.
- Partnering with other key IoT innovators such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Cisco Systems will help prevent a digestive disorder.
- Orchestration rules: create rules for IoT engagement with clicks, not code.
- Perform a transformation with the data formats JSON, CSV, and TSV.
- Import data from any source using the Salesforce IoT Cloud RESTful API.
CISCO IoT Cloud Connect
Cisco IoT Cloud Connect provides network, security and data management and updates at all network levels. It provides a complete solution to provide exceptional IoT experience for mobile operators. Cisco provides detailed, real-time visibility and updates across all levels of the network. This is a secure system.
- Network connectivity including specially designed routing, switching, and wireless products.
- Fog computing, which allows customers to analyze and manage data locally.
- It provides Security that integrates cyber and physical security to achieve operational benefits.
- Data Analysis provides a custom infrastructure for implementing analytics and using actionable data.
- It offers the application Enabling Platform.
ThingWorx 8 IoT Platform
The ThingWorx low-code IoT development environment provides you with the flexibility to rapidly connect, create, and deploy comprehensive industrial IoT applications. With pre-built extensions and widgets as well as a large ecosystem of partners, ThingWorx addresses the fundamental IoT development challenges, freeing you up to create solutions that accommodate constantly changing business needs. This platform provides Vuforia for augmented reality development and the implementation of Kepware for industrial connectivity. Here user can work with basic pogramming knowledge. Thingworx provides many tools for creating applications. These tools include composer, mashup builder, memory, a search engine, collaboration, and connectivity.
- Composer provides a modeling environment for design testing.
- Mashup Builder delivers easy dashboard building through common components.
- Search engine SQUEAL in analyzing and filtering data, and searching records.
- It provides Pre-built widgets for the dashboard.
- It enables Easy connectivity with electronic devices, like sensors and RFIDs.
ThingSpeak IoT Platform
ThingSpeak is an IoT analytics platform service that allows you to aggregate, visualize, and analyze live data streams in the cloud. You can send data to ThingSpeak™ from your devices, create instant visualizations of live data, and send alerts using web services like Twitter® and Twilio®. With MATLAB® analytics inside ThingSpeak, you can write and execute MATLAB code to perform preprocessing, visualizations, and analyses. ThingSpeak enables engineers and scientists to prototype and build IoT systems without setting up servers or developing web software.
- Realtime sensor data visualization
- Data agregation from 3rd parties providers
- Schedule IoT analytics tasks to analyze data
- Event scheduling
- Run actions according to data acquired
ThingSpeak is available as a free service for non-commercial small projects (<3 million messages/year or ~ 8,200 messages/day). For large projects or commercial applications, You can use annual license.
Oracle IoT Platform
Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud Service is a managed Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud-based offering that helps you make critical business decisions and strategies by allowing you to connect your devices to the cloud, analyze data from those devices in real time, and integrate your data with enterprise applications, web services, or with other Oracle Cloud Services, such as Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service. It provides real-time Internet of Things data analysis, endpoint management, and high-speed messaging that allows users to receive real-time notifications directly on their devices. Oracle IoT Cloud also enables REST API-based integration.
- Business ready SaaS applications.
- Open and integrated IoT platform.
- End-to-end security.
- Comprehensive IoT device and Protocol Support.
- Built-in machine learning.
SAP Cloud Platform
SAP Cloud Platform connects the Internet of Things (IoT) to enable scalable capture of sensor data. This is Software as a Service (SaaS) based cloud so you can access your software from any web browser. With the SAP Cloud Platform Internet of Things service, you can use a variety of IoT services and protocols to manage the device lifecycle from onboarding to retirement. SAP IoT platform Protect your data with sophisticated encryption. It provides policy-based access and control for multiple users.
- IoT device and integration services bridge the gap between legacy and IoT protocols and Integrate with other service delivery platforms.
- Secure and scalable data ingestion– Enable end-to-end enterprise-grade security and Provide policy-based access and control for multiple users.
- Flexible and reliable message processing– Handle incoming messages based on your specific use case.
- Build Protocol Adapters and Interceptors – Use the SAP Cloud SDK to create communication protocol adapters and interceptors.
Above i mention some most popular IoT cloud platforms and the selection of one depends upon the requirement of the application. Microsoft Azure and ThingWorx are the most promising platforms for IoT solutions compared to others. Google Cloud Platform is popular with Compute Engine, App Engine, and Container Engine. IBM Watson is known for its powerful app creation, management and supports third-party APIs and services. The ThingWorx IoT platform is popular for its full IoT solution creation, third-party device cloud capabilities, Open API, and Always On features. Microsoft Azure provides network functions and capabilities. ThingSpeak mainly provides data analysis and visualization tools. So You can choose best platform, According to your requirement and scope of the application.
I hope you like this post “Top 10 IoT Cloud Platforms”. Do you have any questions? Leave a comment down below! Thanks for reading. If you like this post probably you might like my next ones, so please support me by subscribing my blog.
You may also like:
- Dynamic WLAN configuration for ESP32 Board | AutoConnect
- ESP32 BLE on Arduino IDE with UART Test
- ESP32 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on Arduino IDE
- ArduinoOTA ESP32: Wi-Fi (OTA) Wireless Update from the Arduino IDE
- ESP32 with LoRa using Arduino IDE
- How To Use Grove-LCD RGB Backlight with NodeMCU
- NodeMcu to DHT Interface in Blynk app
- How To ON/OFF a bulb by Google voice assistant
- Arduino IDE | Arduino | Open Source Hardware/Softawre | Arduino Vs RPi
- WiFi LoRA 32 (V2) ESP32 | Overview | Introduction
- DHT11 sensor with ESP8266/NodeMCU using Arduino IDE
- Arduino Support for ESP8266 with simple test code